Thursday, October 24, 2013

Coughy coughy…. Mumma dava

I consult with a very good pediatrician for K. I’ve been taking her to him since she was born.  The medicines he prescribes suit her well and work wonders in recovery. But at times I feel does she really need so many medicines? Why can’t you just try the regular home remedies. FYI… I’m a big fan of home remedies… and wherever meds can be avoided I DO!!!

When K was younger I obviously followed the docs advise and gave her the meds he prescribed but since she turned 1 I have been introducing her to subtle hom-meds.


The simple concoction  `kaadha’ of honey, haldi, tulsi leaves and a bit of lemongrass in water and let it boil away it you feel all the curing properties in all the elements have been sucked out of them. Cool it and give 3 – 4 spoons as many times through the day. You can also add lavang, dalchini, but I think it’ll make it quite spicy and hurt the lil ones throat.


 Just giving them spoon full of honey every morning, cures a cough but obviously slowly.
A wonder powder I stumbled upon `Jestha Madh’. Add a lil bit of it in a spoon full of honey. Just a pinch will do infact since its quite spicy. Its worked wonderfully on K. Her cough reduced considerably.

It depends person to person, I prefer building on K’s immunity and strengthening her system from now itself. Whenever she does fall sick, I prefer to wait 3 days giving her hom-meds and then adding the `Sinarest’, `wickoryls’ to the list!    

No comments:

Post a Comment